Thursday 10 February 2011

Yetah jangan setaie by Brunei Girl

Hi again. Sorry, I've been busy :|

Anyway, I would like to share some 'kisah teladan'-s haha.

So this one's according to a relative of mine, let's call her 'K' who used to be able to 'see'. In one of my previous posts, I explained the theories one of my IRK teachers discussed about the ability to 'see' beings from the other realm. So, K would be one of those people who might have inherited a certain 'friend' from one of our ancestors thus granting her the ability to see. However as I also mentioned in said post, K had lost her ability when she reached a certain age and sort of start sembahyang thus the 'friend' inda lagi attached to her lah.

Anyway, so this was a time when she still had this ability.

So, remember Hami? The incorrigible cousin who asked Suze whether she could see the Ponti smiling at them through the window from a previous post? Yeah, this is a story about him. Ia setaie. Again.

Right, so this was again at my Nini's house and it might have been another 'ngaji' night or a family gathering, whichever. K was watching TV in the common area upstairs, minding her own business. This was when she heard the kids (they're teens now but whatever) fussing in front of my Nini's door. By the time K told me this story, I knew where it was going as she had previously shared her own experience of what she 'met' in that room.

Basically, one night. Our grandma suruh panggil our nini right and K went and walked into the room. She saw our nini praying... only to realise after a while that it wasn't our nini. It was just a 'being' praying on my nini's mat. K decided that it was harmless as she only noticed this being to only do that in that room. Just sembahyang on my nini's mat.

Back to the main story.

So the kids were sibuk2 right. And K realised that one of the kids, let's call him P, was quite upset. All K could make out of his speech was;

"Tu...tu.. dalam bilik nini ah" he repeated over and over, near to tears.

K didn't really do anything about it. Perhaps P was just freaked out that he saw something. I've heard P's mum mention about P and his older brother 'spotting' things since they were younger so it wasn't news to me. I think there's a variation in tolerance for people with these things. Like K, she used to have sort of an immunity to it. But after ia sembahyang sudah apa, she lost that ability & I realise when she returned for summer holidays, even she was freaked out a few times mun 'teliat' or 'tedangar' stuff since her room was empty all the while she was away to study dulu.

Sorry, digressing saja.

So, P was clearly upset.

And in comes Hami, his chest puffed up, a setaie (then) 12 year old, looking down at P,

"MANA? MANA?" nya si Hami, tagapkan nya lagi badannya tu, looking down at P. The little boy, rubbing his eyes, pointed to my Nini's room.

K described how Hami was even strutting into that room, followed by a trail of kids.

He came back out. Quiet. And pale.

K had a good laugh hehe. Whatever that Hami had seen, clearly drove the setaie out of him. K shared this story with the lesson that we shouldn't be sombong about these things. Banar jua tu, akhirnya Allah s.w.t. jua saja yang Maha berkuasa inda ja?

Another one. Short lah, I don't want to waste people's time.

So my Bibi told me the story which has the same 'teladan' as it were haha.

This should eradicate a misconception everybody has about Ramadan. Did you know, during the holy month of Ramadan, yang kana chain up and thrown into the depths of the sea atu, are the setans? Of course, of course. People are aware of this. But what ppl have persisted to believe is that this includes Djins. No. This is wrong.

Even in surah An-nas, in the last verse, indicates how we are on the same page. In that we are created to worship God. It is just that humans always seek the help of Djins and Devils (HUGEEE sin btw) that we merge these two beings into one-which creates confusion. There is also surah Al-Jinn indicating that the same benefits lay on the other side for those among their kind who believe in the right path. Like humans, there are good djins and there are bad ones. But either way, we should avoid associating ourselves with their kind as interaction between the two realms might lead each kind astray. Wallahua'lam.

Anyway. The story goes like this.

My Bibi was indignant on going to the surau to sembahyang magrib there right after sungkai. Her mother cakap, sembahyang magrib di rumah saja and then she can go Isya and subsequently terawih afterwards in the surau. Well, I think my bibi's mom had a point. Neither of them are wrong here but what my bibi's mom suggested was much more convenient and my bibi could still terawih eventually that night. Besides, practicing religion should not be a burden.

But yetahkan, my bibi was setaie. She tacitly agreed jua that when she told us this story.

So in this quest of setaie-ness, she dragged her younger sister along.

Off they went in twilight, walking in the dimming day on a barren road to the surau. Along this path, was a big tree. I think, I thinkkk it's what our folks call 'pokok ara-ara'? Very spooky looking tree that literally looks like a candid capture of a heavy metal head in the middle of a serious head banging session. Of course me being weird, secretly find this pokok sort of lawa.

So anyway. Bibi was walking to the surau when something literally jumped into view and stood before her.

My bibi was dead shocked.

The creature, tinggi, with an indescribably ugly face, stared her down. She froze. Gila, I honestly would've wet myself 'cause the way she described it to me...ni, writing this myself, I have goosebumps. The being was massive, betaring, rambutnya kusut and it was just staring my bibi down. Nya my bibi, she literally couldn't move then. Because one, that thing was in front of her and two, she just couldn't. What freaked me out most was that it was just her and her lil sister. Two girls with no one else around on that barren road.

Mcm O_O

And she told us that adiknya, perhaps not having seen what she saw, froze too. They held hands and bibi wouldn't let her go. And since they were near that tree, unlike me, the adik didn't take a while to do the math. She knew that my bibi was looking at something and that something was in their way.

I am not quite clear what happened next.

But my bibi knew better than to go out for a stroll during twilight.

Assalamualaikum :)

2 comments:

  1. mumbling...unmanageable...unclear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that :( I've that tendency in speaking too. Thank you though!-Brunei Girl

    ReplyDelete

Rumah Sewa - Zeezohan

Cerita ani lama sudah inda pulang seram bnr. Our family had to moved to a rented bungalow for a while. I think we're the only muslim fam...