Saturday 7 March 2009

What's new, Pussycat? WHOA~~ BY -D-

now, for most of my stories, it's always about a friend of a friend, a personal friend, a family member or any other of their acquaintances experiencing the work of the supernatural. me? only faced it twice, despite the fact that we usually live in haunted areas and i stay up late a lot. this is one of em'.

we, over at my place, have a lot of cats, currently clocking in at 16-17 of em'. top score was 24. then i squashed them whenever i try to get the car out...... i'm kidding. that was the neighbours (and their dogs) doing. 24 is a lot, but nothing compared to what i saw that one raya night in '01/'02..... considering "they" were really there. this took place in Salambigar, at around 9 pm. we had just visited a dear friend of my dad, a pretty rich guy, whose house was pretty deep in a simpang, was about to make our way home. in the car, i was sitting right behind my mom, who was on the passenger seat. and as many passengers are wont (not a typo. look it up) to do when they're not occupied with anything else as they await to reach their destination, i looked out of the window to my left.

not far after driving out of the gate, we passed this small house, located at the corner of a junction. it was a small bungalow, with a glass slide main entrance, no fences and a front yard littered with gravel. i assumed the occupants were out at the time, as the lights were out, though they could have at least closed the curtains since i could see their living room furniture from the main entrance. anyway, what really caught my attention to that house that night were the dozens of cats littered around the place; on the front porch, all over the gravel front yard, and a few on the roof. there could have at least 40 of them in that property at the time, all staring at the car as it passed by with their eyes, glowing creepily in the dark. trust me, glowing cat's eyes don't freak me out, but for some reason, that many in such a space that night made the hair behind my neck nearly stood up... and it really stood up shortly after i exclaimed "Wow, that's a lot of cats!" (also: cue obscure reference to Stephen King's Pet Sematary)

it caught the interest of my mother, a cat lover, so she asked "where?" an i replied "this house we're just passing". everyone in the car gave me this confused look, and my older sis, who was sitting next to me told me she didn't see any, and to clarify this, she was also looking out of the same window as i did. at this point, we had already passed the house, and i turned around to confirm what i have seen. unfortunately, a fence from the house next to it blocked the view. i found the scene to be too hard to have been missed by anyone in car at all considering that many eyes glowing so brightly.

around a month later, my dad asked me to go visit his friend that we went to the month before with our driver to pick up something. when i passed that house again, now in broad daylight, i noticed how the house was completely empty, with no signs of furniture at all. when i asked my dad's friend what had happened that night, he gave me the same look everyone in the car did, and told me nobody has moved in there for quite a long time..... thinking back, the furniture i saw, as fancy as they were, did look old fashioned, like something from the 70's/80's....

1 comment:

Rumah Sewa - Zeezohan

Cerita ani lama sudah inda pulang seram bnr. Our family had to moved to a rented bungalow for a while. I think we're the only muslim fam...