Saturday 22 August 2009

Cry me a river~... of BLOOD! Ep 1 BY -D-

and now, the final story on our Sg. Akar home, and it's magnum opus. over at our place, when a dog howls at the dead of night, it's never a good sign for us. nowadays at our current place, this seldom happens, and when it does, the whole house basically just freezes in silent (made apparent one night when my sisters, old and young, made a ruckus late at night, and suddenly shut up when a howl came).

mid 98', 3.00 AM. at the exact time, my mother was awaken by the neighbour's dog sudden howling. for the five years we had stayed there, it was pretty normal for them to roam around and bark to the point of annoyyance. but never had they howled as loud and as long as they did that night and the nights to come. mom simply just ignored all this, and went back to sleep.

3.15 AM, she was still awaked, no thanks to the non-stop howling, until at that exact time, it just stopped. and just as soon as it stopped, she heard the faint sound of crying, one that seemed to had came from a girl. at the time, my brother and the missus had just popped one out of the oven months earlier, so the first thing that came to my mother's mind was that her grand-daughter crying. didn't take her long enough to realise, after bearing eight children, that not only was it not the cry a baby would make , it came from the opposite direction of my brother's room. it was the cry, as my mom described, "a 7+ year old girl would make, kinda like how your (little) sisters would cry everytime you do something to them". as for my sisters, they were sound asleep right next to my mother.

the crying continued as she headed downstairs, and my brother, coming out of his room, flash light ready. the source of the sound came from the direction of the back door, towards the large field next to our house. y'know, the one i keep mentioning in my stories lately? an open field consisting of medium length grass, and trees sporadically spread out (at the time)? anyways, the two went out of the back door, and from there, the crying was a lot more clearer. my brother flashed the light down towards the field (just beyond the fence is a steep downward slope to the field), hoping maybe it was one of the neighbour's daughters stranded outside, but the rows of trees in front of him blocked his view. he tried calling out to "her", to my mother's dismay. no replies, except the continued crying. he tried a couple more times; still nothing but the crying. he attempted to go out the back gate, down the slope, and into the field, but my mother stopped him, upon her better judgement. then, an eerie, shaky voice startled them from behind....

"Iiiiibuuu...uu...."

it was the maids, who were awaken by the crying, pale and terrified. their room was nearby, an extension to the house made accessible only by going outside of the main house first. my mom then told everyone to ignore the cries and to just go back to sleep (the maids, of course, asked if they could sleep in the living room). if anyone was out there,it would be best to ask the neighbours the following day.

the following day: after inquiring about the incident with the neighbours, they found no one could have been there at the time. from that day onwards, for the next year or so, the incident repeated itself, at the same time, at the same place, 2-3 times a week. at 3 AM, the dogs would howl non-stop for 15 minutes, and as soon as they did, at 3.15AM, the cries of a little girl coming from an empty field could be heard. this occurred mostly on a Wednesday morning. over the year, many others would hear the crying girl: my father, my other sisters, my grandma, a cousin and an uncle, the new maid, and family friends who slept over. of those in the house, only me and my 1st and 2nd eldest sister were left out (my sisters' room being far from the source, and me sleeping early and like a log, avoiding ever getting to hear it).

as the whole year went on, it became less frequent. from 2-3 times a week, it became once every 1.5 weeks or so. then, it stopped. 6 months later, on January 2000, a week before Kristal-Astro premiered, we moved out of the house to ......... (wait for it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rumah Sewa - Zeezohan

Cerita ani lama sudah inda pulang seram bnr. Our family had to moved to a rented bungalow for a while. I think we're the only muslim fam...