Thursday 23 September 2010

Yes, that flat (Part 1) by M

I have so many stories to tell. Mostly from where I used to live and the whereabouts in Brunei. I'll tell you ghost lovers one by one. And most stories are from those people who told me what happened. I don't want to encounter such event. Nauzubillah but sometimes I do feel or hear something just scares the crap out of me! Anyways, back to my story. For now, I'm going to tell you about the flat that is located near Riverview Hotel. You know that flat near the river that leads to Kiulap. Yeah I hope you get the picture. My chinese grandparents used to live there. Now it's just my uncle and his family.

Back when my sister was a kid, and that would be in the late 80s and early 90s, she loves to spend her time with my grandparents there. The flat is so tiny but somehow we love to visit that place. Anyways, there is a tale of the river in front of the flat. A kid died in that river because he was drowning. It went like this. The kid had the urge to play near the river, and then he fell inside, his mom freaked out as she saw a kid's hand waving asking for help from the middle of the river, so she jumped. When she jumped, she actually jumped on something below, it was her son, tangled under the water. (So basically, the kid's hand wasn't his son's)

This is another story experienced by my Chinese grandmother. Just simple short stories. One night (can't remember when) she was sleeping in her room with my granddad. She woke up and she turned to her left, she saw my granddad sleeping so she slept again, and then she turned right, she saw my granddad again! But this time he wasn't sleeping, he scared her. Like "BOO?!". And then I didn't know what happened next.

Another night, I still can't remember when, while she was sleeping, she got woken up by something tickling her feet, she without conscience just kicked that thing and somehow, that thing started to bite her on her butt cheeks (yes, it is funny when you heard or read it, I found it funny too). Okay, that part was just from my grandmother.

Next story about this flat is from my sister. Remember what I said about her spending the time there. One afternoon, like around 4 to 5 she took a nap in my uncle's room (the flat has 2 rooms). Back then in that room, there are 2 bunk beds and 1 cabinet for their clothes. So she slept on one of the bunk beds (bottom). When she woke up, she saw a lady who dressed in white with long hair with my aunt's face smiling at her. But when she smiled, her cheeks and chin elongate (her left cheek to the left, her right cheek to the right and her chin to the bottom). She freaked out so she ran outside the room and felt safe when she saw my grandmother in the kitchen cooking.

I think that's all for now about that flat. Yes, it's that old flat near the Riverview Hotel across the river. I'll tell you more in Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rumah Sewa - Zeezohan

Cerita ani lama sudah inda pulang seram bnr. Our family had to moved to a rented bungalow for a while. I think we're the only muslim fam...