Wednesday 2 March 2011

the village tree BY Cicakboy

i was cleaning my room, looking through some of my old stuff and i came across a paper. it's my very first ghost story, written when i was 12 i think. so nostalgic. i'm a bit embarassed but here it is. i edited some so it wont be as childish.
there was a tree beside a road that had survived for many generations. decades passed and yet it still stand tall and mighty. the tree had gathered some supernatural reputation throughout those years and my experience will add to it. it was said that during a war, a woman was betrayed by her fellow friends, she was raped and then brutally murdered under that tree. before she died, with her last breath she swore that she will forever haunt that tree as a reminder that no human should be trusted. that was what i heard but i never did believed the story, not till that night.
it was around 9pm, i had tuition class at a friend's house. every thursdays i had to go there so im accustomed to the night but little do i know, that night was different. it seem like it was going to rain so i decided to take a shortcut; an old narrow road where the tree was situated. when the tree came into view, i felt chills down my spine, my hands feel numb and my steps feels heavier. the aura that tree give just feels wrong. i tried to distract myself by remembering what i learned during tuition but the more i tried the more i cant shake the feeling that someone was watching me. i've tried not to look up at the tree the whole time but when im directly infront of the tree, the urge was overwhelming that i slowly and stupidly looked up, knowing exactly where to look. there she was, sitting on a branch gazing right back at me.
i was petrified at first then i scrambled to run for dear life. i think the fear mess with my brain a little because after a few steps, i stopped, picked up a stone and threw it at that thing. suprisingly it hit her and she fell. guess what? turns out it was another villager trying to prank anyone who walked there. i was laughing and he was laughing as it was kinda silly for him to be all the way up there just to pull off a prank. i decided to invite him over to my house to tend to his wounds. as we were leaving, i asked him if he was alone in doing that prank and he nodded. i decided to looked at the tree one last time before i leave. my fear came back but not like before, now it's pure terror. if the one pranking was alone and he is next to me; who's up there?
the end
lol, yea, clearly fictional and i used to liked hanging endings. be nice; its an old story from a young me.

2 comments:

Rumah Sewa - Zeezohan

Cerita ani lama sudah inda pulang seram bnr. Our family had to moved to a rented bungalow for a while. I think we're the only muslim fam...