Monday 31 May 2010

She smiles BY Brunei Girl

Assalamualaikum everyone J

I would like to share dengan kamu, two of the many eerie experiences from my adik when she was a few years younger. But before I start, I would like to share with you something Cikgu-cikgu IRK shared with us dulu masa aku form 3 through 5. One of them said that you can only ‘see’ ghosts (or accurately dalam Islam; Djinns) if, 1. You are of the pious i.e. orang-orang alim yang diberi anugerah Tuhan the gift of sight, 2. If you have inherited the djinn i.e. Unbeknownst to you, rupanya nenek moyang kamu memelihara dahulu (jangan offended because it was practiced a lot dahulu because orang inda berapa arif pasal agama) and the other said that 3. The djinss berniat kan meliatkan diri dorang secara senghaja. Wallahualam, all in all, bear in mind, the one who is Most Knowing is Allah SWT.

In the case of my adik, she would fit in the number 3 category.

A few years ago, we lived in this housing di Lambak Kiri (wouldn’t disclose any further if you don’t mind). This place, is really old and small and rumah kami dahulu atu, very very near to a hutan and on top of that, only a stone throws away from a pantai. So dikirakan, it is more susceptible untuk djinss to go ‘out and play’ sebab durang lagi batah disana-I rationalize cemani pulang.

Suze, my adik (bukan nama banar) is one of those kids yang ‘sanang nampak’ I guess. Wallahualam, why these beings suka menjelmakan diri dapannya.

Well anyway, one night, we were sleeping in our mother’s room, masuk akal lah ah, rumah damit, more than one people sleep in a room. Suze anak bungsu so ia tidur tangah-tangah while my mum tidur on her left while I was on her right. For some reason, Suze tebangun tangah-tangah malam atu. And something in the corner of her eye, caught her attention.

Pintu bilik my mum, bebuka. Suze quietly looked at the door when ia sadar, yang membuka pintu ani bini-bini. Bini-bini ani, bukan our maid or our kaka yang tidur bilik sebalah… Suze was scared but could only keep still as this woman in white, with long, long black hair stood at the opened door. Bini-bini atu, senyummm arah adik ku. Ketungkalan, si Suze tapuk under the blanket, tunggu sampai bini-bini atu hilang. Maybe ia pikir it was just her imagination, jadi for a while, subuknya lagi. The woman was still smiling, her face was pale and her eyes, stuck on my adik’s face.

Helplessly, Suze pusing arah my mum. She shook my mum punya tangan but my mum inda tebangun. Cali, sebab my mum, sanang tebangun wah. Light sleeper nya orang putih. Tapi that particular night, my mum just wouldn’t bangun. So Suze turned to me.

Malu ku pulang kan membagitau ni. But when Suze turned to me, aku pakai mask masa atu (almaklum, teenager perasan) so despite this cali moment, she turned back to the door. Bini-bini atu masih jua berdiri, senyum-senyum arahnya. After what seemed forever, the girl, tutup pintu and left my adik alone…

On another occasion, it happened at our nini’s house. This was also Suze yang cerita arah ku, unlike her aku inda sanang nampak stuff (not that aku minta-minta, Nauzubillah…)

It was malam Jumaat so kami baru habis mengaji. The kids suka main-main di bilik tamu after that. Ada our cousin si Hami (bukan nama banar), ia ani gauklah when he was a younger boy. But he was older than the other kids yang belari-lari di dalam bilik tamu atu however masih pulang setaie sedikit hahaha! Why I thought he was setaie, was because unlike Suze, though Hami can ‘see’ things easily too, ia ani penagur.

So, ia panggil si Suze.

“Suze, Suze,” nya, while standing in front of the window (note, this is MALAM) I would imagine ia pingang tabir because usually they’re closed at night. Kali si Suze aga ia,

“Apa?”

Si Hami tunjuk, outside.

My nini tinggal di bukit, so ia buat retaining wall behind the house to prevent tanah runtuh. This retaining wall can be seen clearly from this part of the bilik tamu. I guess for recreational reasons, my nini made it look like a side of mountain rather than a bland wall.

“Apa tu?” nya si Hami.

On the ‘bukit’, Hami was pointing at something they could both see in the dark. That thing was sitting, almost in a squatting manner. It was a girl, with long hair and she was smiling. At their direction.

Si Suze, knowing exactly what it was, only kept quiet.

Kali kelurusan uncle kami datang, he called them to come out dari bilik tamu, takutnya bejurit kali. So our Usu got the kids out of the living room, not knowing what Hami and Suze were both talking about while they were both oddly standing near the window earlier…

Hehe. Okay sampai sini sahaja. I hope I didn’t bore anybody, and if I did, minta maaf ku banyak-banyak.

3 comments:

  1. Kanak-kanak andang sanang kan mliat 'benda-benda' ani. Just for more info :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought so too :) Thank you!-Brunei Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I think you've been doing great Brunei Girl. I just knew this blog and I already love your posts :) Pretty legit - MAR

    ReplyDelete

Rumah Sewa - Zeezohan

Cerita ani lama sudah inda pulang seram bnr. Our family had to moved to a rented bungalow for a while. I think we're the only muslim fam...