Monday 2 February 2009

BY Aswana

I will try to tell a short story.

I was told about this story roughly around 2 years ago by my sister in law. At that time she was still my brother's fiance. We were in the kitchen exchanging weird unexplained stories after a delicious meal during lunch. My sister in law suddenly recalled of her sister's experience of a roadside terror.

They were convoying to go to bandar. My sister in law was with my brother in my brother's car following her sister who was driving alone in my sis in law's car leading the way. My sister in law's side of the family live in Lumut. They were on the old Lumut road, upon reaching the junction that leads to the highway they stopped to give way for traffic. When there's no more cars passing by, my borther was getting ready to move but his sis in law (lets named her Y) still stayed on the same spot. Not moving.

"Cuba hon ia c Y ah, angan2 kali ia tu..." My sis in law said.
So my borther did. They honed a few times but still the car didn't move. My sis in law was confused and annoyed. She was about to call her sister when suddenly Y moved and they continued their journey to Bandar.

"Napa c Y branti?" I asked.

"Iatah sudah balik rumah ku rista arahnya. Napa ia branti masih sedangkan nada lagi kereta"

This is what she told her:

"Nda kamu nampak kan?" Y asked her sis.
"Nampak apa? Mana ada kreta tadi. Lapang jua tu"
"Nda... ada kreta."
"Kreta?"
"Awu.. aku ani kan jalan dah skali ada kreta basaaaaaar... panjaaaaaaang.. melintas. Iatah ku branti.."

1 comment:

Rumah Sewa - Zeezohan

Cerita ani lama sudah inda pulang seram bnr. Our family had to moved to a rented bungalow for a while. I think we're the only muslim fam...