Friday 20 February 2009

The fishing Trip and Minangkabau House BY Aswana

I want to tell you ghost stories that's been told to us by my dad looooong time ago.. It's something that happened looooooooooong time ago too when he was a kid. I'm not sure if any of my brothers and sisters remember any of this story. But I remember it clearly simply cause there's one part of it that's crack up hilarious.. {Hilarious? Thought this is a ghost story?? Well yeah it's about a ghost pulang... you'll understand later}

Anyways he told this story, if i'm not mistaken to someone - I guess he told it to his friend or a distant relative I can't quiet remember. We were at the living room. And it's like what normal families do, they mingle, talk.. but rarely adults talking with children. I'm not sure how the story came about to us and we suddenly talk about ghosts encounters and such though.

Okay lets just start the story... It's told in 2 short tales. So I'll make it as concise as I can.. Hopefully there's no "simpang-menyimpang" hehehe :)


Story 1 - The fishing Trip

From what I recalled, this happened to my dad's older brother{I don't remember wic uncle this is so lets just name him Uncle T} when he was a young teen. My dad told us that Unc. T likes to go out. You know like hanging out and stuffs with friends. So this time it's something to do with fishing in a nearby river quiet far from where they lived.

I remember my dad said how stubborn and a rebel Unc. T was. How their parents told them not to go out late at night. But this time Unc T and one of his friends decided to go out fishing at midnight. Simply because their theory, it will be quieter {so nobody can disturb them} and the fishes would be too sleepy too notice if their bate is a trap or something. {yeah, I'm not sure where they get that from. Fishes pun ada pandai ngantuk and drowsy???}

So they went to this river which they had to have really long walks... like it took them few hours to reach it. Once there, they start prepping their fishing tools. Took out the bait and started on their fishing thing. They didn't think it's a stupid or crazy idea to go fish late at night. To them it's an adventure.

While waiting for their bait, both of them got tired and eventually fell asleep.

A while later - probly half an hour... im not sure{even my dad's not sure) one of their fishing rods moved. It woke Unc T up. As he opened his eyes he lay frozen still with fear cause above him, looking down at him with smiling long fangs the most feared ghost. The letter P. She was looking down at my uncle and giggled. Just looking down at him and doing nothing but showing off her long fangs. Her hair inches above his face. Her face.. i've been told could raise hairs u never thought you have.

My uncle did what any scared boy wud do when he realise what it was. He ran and scream leaving his friend still sleeping -who is apparently sleeping like a log. Not knowing what happened. The next day my Unc had a fever for a week. I don't know what happen to his friend though. My dad didn't mention it. I think he's fine.



Story 2 - Minangkabau House


My dad told us that dulu-dulu, they lived in a Minangkabau House on a hilltop.It was given to them, like an inheritance. It was quiet famous back then, their house. He said there's a lot of creepy and unexplained things always happened in that house. There's even things flew... the sound of footsteps echoed in the empty halls. It was creepy. My dad told us.

There's this one time, of all the happenings there's this time that happened 3 days straight, the hauntings from the ghosts in the house. It's like all the ghosts came out in unison and in anger. My dad was scared back then. All f them were. It's as if they were in rage. They couldn't sleep at night. Apparently someone {probly in the family} been practising black magic and it went wrong somehow.

Sometimes the P wud show up and laugh her laughter. Sometimes things just moved or flew. Or you could hear noises in the kitchen people trying to make themselves busy but there's nobody there. And finally my dad told of how the time when they were trying to sleep in the living room, cause everyone was too scared to stay in their rooms, suddenly there was a strong wind. And the wooden windows of their house suddenly blew open. And with it came a HUGE {i still remember my dad's facial expression and gestures when he told us this part} HEAD.

"Basar Kepala atu! Botak!

When he said the word botak, we all laughed -us the siblings. My dad gave us this stern look and said, it's not funny. It was really scary, a flying huge bald head appeared out of nowhere in front of them. Flying around inside the house. In the end they eventually moved out of the house. I'm not sure if that house still exists or not. But my dad said only the strong willed could withstand the encounters and happenings in that house. And yang berilmu lah. :) To me even if ada ilmu I don't think Iw ant to stay or live in that house either.

1 comment:

  1. wow realy scarylah bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Rumah Sewa - Zeezohan

Cerita ani lama sudah inda pulang seram bnr. Our family had to moved to a rented bungalow for a while. I think we're the only muslim fam...