Thursday 15 January 2009

MS Hostel BY Aswana

Story #3: The Singing

I woke up feeling scared. It was my first month here. I don't really like the place especially my room. It feels eerie. I'm a light sleeper. I tend to wake up to small noises. But that night it's not noises that awoken me from my sleep. It's a singing voice. Like a sad song. It sounded distant but it's near. I opened my eyes made nervous glances on both sides. Both my roomates peacefully asleep.

"Sapakan tu? Sapa lagi menyanyi tengah-tengah malam buta ani kan?" I said to myself.

My room was spacious. It could fit 10 single beds. There's only 3 of us in that room. I tried getting back to sleep. But the singing... It's deafening my ears! There's windows on both sides. My bed was in the middle. The ceiling fan above me suddenly didn't work again after being repaired a week ago.We slept with one light on cause one of my roomate's afraid of the dark. Then I saw both curtains on both windows blew on the same direction inwards.

I said to myself again, "Aii? Patutnya kalau satu labu sebalah ani kampis tia"

I didn't notice that there's something eerie until I feel my hair stood up. I don't know where I had the courage to look on my left, but I did. And I saw her. She was dressed in white. Her back to me. Her long hair almost reached my bedside. I shut my eyes. Automatically Ayat kursi was all I could think of. But I was so scared I stumbled on every ayat. I took out the yassin under my pillow and place it next to my ear.

I don't know how long I tried to keep myself calm when the singing stop. The sound of Azan at the background can be heard from the nearby Serusop mosque. I brave myself to open my eyes and glance to my left. She was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rumah Sewa - Zeezohan

Cerita ani lama sudah inda pulang seram bnr. Our family had to moved to a rented bungalow for a while. I think we're the only muslim fam...