Wednesday 14 January 2009

BY Aswana

This happened in MD. It was 1994.MS hostel was in ruins, well the girl's hostel though so we had to move temporarily to MD hostel. My aunt (kira pangkat aunt lah) was there. She was a senior that time. I remember the block where we stayed. Block C. My room was ground floor. We noticed that most of the rooms on the ground floor's block were empty. They say it's for the newcomers. The juniors.

My first impression was it's a creepy hostel. But not as creepy as MS Hostel. This one was more friendly looking. MS was hostile. The building shouts HAUNTED.

Anyways, it was pretty late. I was a bit of an insomniac back then. Most of the hostelites are. I hanged out with my juniors back then. So we had this slumber party thing, like a sleepover. Before we say goodnight I was joking around with my aunt. We called her casper bak then cause she likes to wear this cute casper T-shirt. One night I shouted to her " Casper, jaga kami karang malam ah!"

And my good natured aunt replied to me "Ya. Ok tu!" then she went upstairs to her room.

There were like 6 of us. All sprawled on the room's already cramp floor. We laid down both matresses to the floor. And there we slept.

I woke up abruptly not knowing what time is it. I was irritated cause the lights was switched on and off so often. I thought one of the girls had woken up and maybe due to out of boredom decided to play disco light in the room. I saw everyone was asleep. And surprisingly the switched on and off thing stopped. The lights stayed on. Nobody even moved let alone mengigau. Then I saw on the bed infront of me (no matress) sat two blurry white figures wearing telakong(I'm not kidding people. Banar2 pakai telakong. That telakong image was clear. The face isn't just kabur and nercahaya). Karau lah ku for a few seconds then I pretended to get back to sleep. But I couldn't sleep. I peeked again, yup they're still there. Then i remembered what I had said earlier to my aunt. About being our penjaga and stuff. And I nervously smiled. Wow. I have a guardian. Wow again. that's creepy. I finally get back to sleep after baca ayat kursi. A habit of mine when I'm scared.

The next day I mentioned it to the girls. Almost all of them (yg inda tidur mati) believe me. Because durang pun hairan napa the lights bebalik kana switched on and off. But they weren't brave enough to open their eyes. I guess the "guardians" wanted their presence known. That they ful;filled their job jadi "penjaga" for the night.

After that incident, we didn't joke around about casper and asking to jaga us and stuffs. We get the hint now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rumah Sewa - Zeezohan

Cerita ani lama sudah inda pulang seram bnr. Our family had to moved to a rented bungalow for a while. I think we're the only muslim fam...