Thursday 15 January 2009

MS Hostel BY Aswana

Story #4: Knock Knock Bang!

Orang tua2 always cakap. You can't selalu beibun too much. There's a word I remember my friend told me. Masap.Well that night we had so much fun laughing and joking around. We slept pretty late. I remember we were singing too. It was a night to remember.

As usual we slept late. This is on a different room. We hostelites like to sleepover on people's rooms. But my room never got a sleepover. And like always I was awoken in the middle of the night again. I wish I could sleep like the dead, like most of my friends but no, it was always me who was alert to all these noises. This time there's no singing. But this time is more worse. Our door to our room got knocked by an angry person. I could even see the door shook. I was scared that it might finally fall down and whoever or whatever that is who was angrily knocking might get inside.

You see MS Hostel is pretty old. The place looks like it might fall down any minute. The door is so buruk you can just hit the door and it will burst open. The handle is like broken and we use a lock (Mangga ah..) to secure the door from inside.

It's a good thing there's an Al-Quran laid on the top of the door-sill (there's like a space like a shelf on top of the door and window like a window sill but it's on top). But still that doesn't stop me from being worried. The banging kept on and I found myself asleep through the whole process.

The next day all of them asked me if i heard strange noises last night. I told them I did. And one of them told me that she heard the banging so clear cause her bed was next to the door and she heard a female voice calling to her and said:

"Lai. Buka pintu eh. Ani babu ni datang mengaga kau. Buka eh lai..."

She knew that it's not her mom. She almost got lured to believe that's her and almost this close to open the door. That she realise that her mom's in Temburong and why would her mom came by in the middle of the night. The hostel's gate was locked. She didn't open the door. But the calling was more angry. That's how the banging got so fierce cause we didn't want to open the door. Imagine if she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rumah Sewa - Zeezohan

Cerita ani lama sudah inda pulang seram bnr. Our family had to moved to a rented bungalow for a while. I think we're the only muslim fam...